Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blog: An Explination

A while back I started a livejournal page chronicling and reviewing every new film I saw (the word "new" here meaning new to me and not necessarily a new film.) However for some reason I gave up on that blog, probably because I tried to write full length reviews for every movie i saw not an easy task when your a busy student with NextFlix and an affinity for sneaking into movies after the one I paid for has finished. This blog will try to achieve something similar, though it will be much less formal and I will only write as much as I feel necessary, which may only end up being a sentence or two. However I have no doubt that some movies will have me rambling on and on for pages.

Seeing as how any person can, and many people do start movie blogs I do not expect a large audience outside of my friends. However my old blog did attract several readers whom I had never met and I quite frankly don't know how they discovered it. So if I don't know you and you find this blog and read this post, drop me a comment and tell me how you found me! But mainly this blog is for myself to keep track of what I've watched, like, and don't like, and to help with my ever developing writing skills. I will be writing for an audience though and will gladly welcome constructive critisism when it come to my writing.

Well I think that covers most of what I needed to say. In a couple minutes I will post my first blog about some of my favorite movies of 2008. Thanks for reading!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment